Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sienna

After getting settled and wandering the grounds, we took the vans into the city of Siena. We split up and wandered the streets (we did a LOT of that on this trip) and snapped pics all along the way. This is where I got my first true Italian gelato (chocolate.) Yum.



After dinner we started heading back to the vans (we had gotten dropped off while the drivers of the group went to find scarce parking) but the problem was, they couldn't remember how to get to where they had parked. So as they searched and searched and got lost, we waited in a park for about 2 hours. Dave Newman gave us a nice lecture on posing. There was dancing to Frank Sinatra (played on my iPhone) and a little teeter tottering. Finally, thanks to a couple of local boys who agreed to ride back to the town and show our weary drivers the right way, we were picked up and got back to the castle around midnight. It had been a long, but delicious day.

2 comments:

Korinne said...

Emily you are SO talented! I love seeing all your work! You need to make some $ off your non-people photos. They are awesome!

Emily Hatch said...

Thanks Korinne! I do plan on selling some images from Italy once I get them all edited at Art Markets. I appreciate your comment. :)