Monday, July 18, 2011

Ahhh, Venice

Thanks to romantic movies, and Indian Jones' famous "ahhh, Venice" phrase, I had some seriously high expectations for this city. We entered on private speed boat, and it was awesome seeing the buildings rise from the water. Tired, (and admittedly a little cranky) we arrived to our hotel. It was an amazing location, right on the waterfront. After changing, I wandered the streets and tried to feel the charm of the place. It wasn't working. It seemed dirty, crowded, and much more touristy than any other place we'd been. I missed the quaint, impeccably clean villages of the country. After some food and drink, things started looking up, and I fell in love with the reflections and colors of the water...








1 comment:

John said...

You're too good, Emmy! I love these.