Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hobo Hangout

A young mother once told me that she wouldn't go to the City Library because there were too many homeless people hanging out there. Seriously? Was she afraid she might become homeless too if she came too close to them? Well, she's definitely missing out.



The library is one of my favorite spots downtown. The architecture is amazing, there is a great coffee shop right inside, as well as my favorite store, The English Garden. The children's level is fun and expansive. I've spent many hours there over the years with my boys. Their staff is always friendly and helpful. Much more friendly than the ice queen librarians I have met at the library by us. The elevators are all glass, and it is fun to watch the people below as you float higher and higher. All the librarians make lists of their favorite picks, just like at Barnes and Noble, and I have enjoyed many of their selections. Wow, this just became quite the endorsement for the library!
Seriously though, if you haven't been there in a while (or ever) you must make a visit soon. Check out hours, catalog, and location here.





In the parking elevator I looked up at the mirror ceilings and decided to catch this quick (and slightly blurry) self portrait. :)


No comments: