Sunday, February 15, 2015

Those Girls with the Books

Tweens are such a fascinating and beautiful category of child, and I am thrilled to announce I am going to focus more of my business on them.  They are changing so quickly, and live in this limbo of wanting independence and having strong opinions of their own, and still needing the nurture and guidance of their parents.  I have two tweens of my own, and I LOVE getting to know their friends and see how they are developing into little adults.  Don't get me wrong, it's as frustrating as hell sometimes navigating the thin line as a parent, but it is so so worth it. 

These two girls were polite and oh-so-lovely to work with.  They love reading, so naturally the Salt Lake Library was the perfect place to photograph them.  I used to visit this library a few times a week when my boys were just littles.  We'd walk the four miles from our house and spend hours playing in the fun rooms and visiting story time.  Now it's all e-books and iPods.  Sigh.  

Still though, beautiful.










No comments: