Monday, January 2, 2012

A year in review, and looking ahead.

2011 went by way too fast. My goals of weight loss (ha ha) and better business plans (ha ha ha) kind of faded away as the duties of being a mom, wife, school volunteer, and working a second job took over my schedule. (I'm sure you can all relate.)

I get asked by every relative and friend I see "how is the photography business." I usually reply with a frustrated "uuugggg." More than ever this market is super saturated with amateurs who pick up a camera kit from Costco and call themselves a professional. I can't even tell you the amount of times I hear "oh my neighbor/sister-in-law/friend/cousin is getting into photography and will do my session for dirt cheap." Consumers now expect a disk given to them with full copyrights. I have made an exception for a few people and ALWAYS regret it. It has left me questioning if I want to stay in the business at all, which is sad, because I really LOVE what I do.

Let's take a moment and look at some of my favorite images from the past year as I take a few deep breaths. :)


















My mind is swirling with ideas and goals of how I want to run my business this year. I want to set myself apart. I want to grow as a photographer, educate my clients, and build the business I've wanted for so long. I will be attending a major photography conference in a couple of weeks to refocus and jumpstart my year.

I deeply appreciate my clients this year. I am grateful for their trust, investments, and friendship. Thank you, and Happy New Year!

No comments: