Sunday, June 19, 2011

Days 4 and 5

The town we visited after the poppy fields was Montepulciano. Another photographer and I wandered down a street where we met this man just sitting with his dog. He realized we were photographers, and even though he didn't speak any English, he got all excited and started explaining where to find good overlooks and shots. Then opened up a few doors, and showed us the some very cool old furniture dating back 900+ years. He also pointed out the original facade of the buildings, which was amazing to see that the bricks were still holding strong.

(the image on the left is the framework of a drawer in a dresser.)


(this is where I ate a wonderful lunch.)

After lunch we drove to the Sant'Antimo Abbey and looked around. In the evening we had a delicious tuscan dinner at the castle and sat around this awesome fire, sipping wine and chatting. There may or may not be pictures of me zonked out in a chair. Put me by a warm fire, and I fall asleep like a baby. :)

The next day we went to Montalchino. This was probably my least favorite town. Steep, steep streets, and it was much less quaint than the other villages we visited. I did finally find wireless though, which was a first, and enjoyed catching up with my husband. The picture below was taken in a restaurant I ate lunch in.

After lunch we went to a winery where I had my first ever wine tasting. Although I don't know a lot about wines, I did enjoy learning a little bit and tasting the difference between certain varieties. AND I got this cool picture.

No comments: