Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Play Me, I'm Yours"

I just got back from the most fantastic 10th anniversary trip to NYC with my sweetheart. Sleeping in, leisurely walks through Central Park, fine dining, Wicked, and best of all, uninterrupted time with my John. It was perfect. I'll be posting lots of pics from the trip, but I wanted to start out with this series.

The last night in New York I wandered Times Square just observing (and digitally capturing) people. In the center of the walk way, there is a piano that any one can sit down and play. It says "Play me, I'm yours." Now if it was me, I'd have all sorts of inferiority complexes, even if I could play well. However, people of all ages and skills sat down and played for all to listen. It was fascinating.

This guy sat down and began to move his fingers. You could tell he knew what he was doing, but he wasn't pressing down on the keys, although he was moving his head to a rhythm only he could hear. Finally, he began to really play, so we could all enjoy his music.





more pictures coming soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photography! It tells such an awesome story. You should do gallery work. People would come!

Emily Hatch said...

Sed, that is one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. I dream of being in a gallery some day. :)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday today! :) Hope you get to do something special!
Enjoy your twenties while they last! lol