Saturday, July 26, 2008

Donut Falls

On the 24th my oldest son and I went on a hike to Donut Falls.  He has been begging me to take him all summer, and we finally were able to go.  On the way to the canyon, he was asking me if we would see any bears or moose.  He was soooo worried about it.  I reassured him that we wouldn't see any large wild animals.  One minute into our hike, we saw this moose.  That should teach me for lying to my kid.  For the next 10 min. all he could talk about was the possibility of seeing a bear.  "I have a bad feeling about this...it looks like the kind of place a bear would hang out..." he would go on and on.  He finally lightened up and we enjoyed the rest of the hike.  I loved taking pictures, although it annoyed my son, who exclaimed that next time we go on a hike, "NO CAMERAS".




5 comments:

Adam and Sarah said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

rachel thurston said...

love the details of the flowers. cute eth. I don't blame him for not wanting "cameras" but someday he will thank you!

cee + kell said...

i'm so jealous. one of my favorite spots! and what luck that you guys saw a moose!!! missing you and sending you love. *c

Kris Doman said...

I can't believe you'd lie to your son like that...now he'll never trust you again! :-) I really like your waterfall image. Nice satin water!!

Kim said...

I love it that you actually saw a moose. That is too funny! I love all the shots!